Gabrielle Weinman is the Creative Director of Interactive & Relationship Marketing for Team One in Los Angeles. She oversees all aspects of the creative work in both departments, integrating it with traditional advertising. Her biggest client is Lexus automobiles, and other clients have included Ritz Carlton Hotels, Flexjet, MTV, Air New Zealand, Infonet and Heal the Bay. Since technology constantly evolves and changes, her background in design, branding and traditional advertising gives her a distinct advantage. After working at Keith Bright & Associates and Hill Holiday, Gabrielle started as a Senior Art Director at Team One in 1992. In 1995, she agreed to spearhead the development of an interactive group at the strong protest of her headhunter who said she would never work in advertising again. Twelve years later, Gabrielle currently manages a staff of over 25 employees and a department that has won numerous awards including Cannes Cyber Lions, Clios and One Show pencils. In the video interview, you will hear Gabrielle's answers to the following questions:
1. What is the project that you are working on at the AFI Digital Content Lab?
2. What is the greatest innovation that you have brought to the project?
3. What is your experience working with the AFI Digital Content Lab?
4. What suggestions do you have that would make the Digital Content Lab more innovative, useful, and rewarding?
5. What do you think about the future of new media?
6. What are the major challenges in Interactive TV?
7. What are some of the Interactive TV projects that you are working on?
8. Do you find it difficult to design good user interface for Interactive TV?
9. How do you see the future of Interactive TV?
10. If you can do whatever you want, what would you do?